Colorado Springs is the second largest city in Colorado, behind Denver. There are attractive mountain landscapes nearby.
- Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS) - This is a full-service airport, but small enough to be able to get in and out quickly. Recent reservations, including Wi-Fi, make it a very nice place to wait for one or two hours if you arrive early. The airport is 7 miles east of Colorado Springs.
- Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB) - Small full-service airport located 40 kilometers south of the city offering a regional commercial air service.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) - 50 miles north of Colorado Springs.
- Interstate 25 - It's the only interstate, from north to south through the city. Colorado Highway 83 provides a secondary route between East Denver and Springs. Highway 24 connects the city with the mountain communities to the west in the Eastern Lands.
- Denver - It's 70 miles north on I-25
- Albuquerque - It's 200 miles south of I-25.
- Greyhound - Bus Terminal at 120 S. Weber St., downtown Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Springs Transit
- Taxi Services
- Garden of the Gods , 🏠 1805 N 30th St., ... +1 719 634-66 66666🕓・AM-11PM. A series of sandstone formations, surrounded by a city park. Excellent for hiking and rock climbing. Free.
- Pico Pikes , free phone: +1-800-318-9505 The most famous peak in Colorado. It overlooks the city to the west. $10 per person/$35 per car.
- Rock Ledge Ranch , ☎ +1 719 578-6777A living history museum that goes through four periods of time covering the authentic American Indian, the first settlers, the Victorian and Edwardian era. $4-$.
- Wind Cave , ☎ +1 719 685-54444🕓・9AM-9PM・. A series of caves near Manitou Springs, offering tours. $20.
- Seven Waterfalls, ☎ +1 719 632-0765A series of waterfalls on a private property and with natural paths. $9 high school/$5.50 children.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo , ☎ +1 719 633-9925🕓・・9AM-6PM. A small, stage zoo with some exotic animals. $12.
- Colorado Scale Company , ☎ +1 719 209-6649, ✉: [email protected]. A great area for climbing in both snow and dry season, skating, rafting and much more.
- Whitewater Rafting On the Arkansas River, about an hour south of the city.
- River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center , 44641 US Hwy 50 Cañon City, free phone: +1-866-945-3420 recreational park with many activities like camping, fishing, rafting and much more.
- Shuga's , 🏠 702 S. Cascade, ☎ +1 719 328-1412
- Solo's Restaurant , ☎ +1 719 570-7656
- O'Furry's , ☎ +1 719 634-3106Bar in Irish style, with some of the best burgers in Colorado Springs.
- Chapel Hills Mall , 🏠 1710 Briargate Blvd
- The Citadel Mall , 🏠 750 Citadel Dr. East
- Manitou Springs Shopping, many restaurants, designated as a national historical district.
- River Runners Royal Gorge Rafting Center , 🏠 44641 US Hwy 50 Canon City, free phone: +1-866-945-3420
- Bristol Brewing Company , 🏠 1604 S Cascade Ave, ☎ +1 719 633-2555 beerVende the best of town. He recently moved to his new location near a secondary school. The place is very charming and unique.
- Porky's Bar, 🏠 5910 Omaha at Powers, ☎ +1 719 574-747447 Newly renovated, food and drink, with 5 outdoor volleyball courts.
- Phantom Canyon Brewing Co, ☎ +1 719 635-2800A wide range of excellent beers. It also serves high quality food for lunch and dinner from Monday to Sunday. Lunch is only available on Sunday.
- The Broadmoor , 🏠 1 Lake Ave, ☎ +1 719 634-7711A resort on the outskirts of Colorado Springs, covering 3,000 hectares, with 700 rooms and suites, 15 restaurants, cafés and lounges, three golf courses, a tennis club and spa.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort , 🏠 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, ☎ +1 719 538-4000, toll-free: +1-800-428-8886 It offers 316 rooms and suites in eight residential cottages, each with a private balcony and views of Cheyenne Mountain.
- Colorado Springs Hotel, 🏠 2886 South Circle Dr, ☎ +1 719 576-5900
- Colorado Springs Marriott , 🏠 5580 Tech Center Drive, ☎ +1 719-260-1800Luxury Hotel near the Air Force Academy with mountain views.